Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Daily Practice

The Daily Practice is just that...about what we want and need to practice each day to create a life full of passion, learning, adventure and inspiration. We all have things we need to get better at or want to get better at...that could be anything from learning an instrument, how to cook or learning another language, to being more patient with those around you or practicing a better way of life. It came out of a conversation my man and I's had about our continuous desire to be better people by being more well rounded....I want to learn spanish so when we travel to the places we love, so I can show more respect to the people of that country and so I can laugh away with the kids we always end up playing with. I want to dig into more creative outlets, surf better and be a better health practitioner....so many things! In order to do these things, it takes daily practice, time and thought. The Daily Practice was also inspired by the many people that I have worked with over the years who have worked damn hard to get back on track with their health. It's not easy to go from the couch to your first 5k or your first adventure race and it sure as hell is not easy to go from eating like you know you shouldn't to eating REAL FOOD, especially when your surrounded by so much American food crap! It takes Daily Practice! We all have it in us but somehow we forget so easy...do the work, the practice and make life more passionate, inspiring and fun! I KNOW that this practice will turn us into better people, to be apart of a better community living in a better world, treating each other and our earth with more respect. Reminds me of a conversation we were having about getting our nephews into surfing, 'practicing' surfing...an amazing experience that can't help but turn them into stewards of the oceans and the earth. The Daily Practice was started on Roots Wise's Facebook page but I decided to move it to this medium so as to try to spread it to more people...so people can 'share' it and refer to it as much or as little as you want. That to me is what facebook should be about....spreading inspiration and stoke to all! So, I will post each week and link it to FB. Please feel free to comment or share pics of you in 'practice'! Each week I will post a thought or mission for you for that week....so far they have ranged from getting creative to being positive to eating more fruits and veggies. Random thoughts from a random woman! Do the work and make it happen!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Love it, love it, love it! Believe me, there is nothing remotely "random" about you my love! You are most inspirational especially to this chickie who really needs a little (or maybe a great big) shove right now. So looking forward to your regular inspirations! <3